Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

10 weeks

The hits just keep on coming. This week is something new and interesting of course. Ever have those days where you realize you're all of a sudden out of like 5 or 6 different cosmetic/toiletries? I had one of those days, so I went to the store and got all new stuff, thought I'd try a couple new things in the mix of them all. Why not right? Bad choice apparently. Among the new shampoo, conditioner, body wash, make-up powder, face lotion, and fabric softener, something hates me. I bought all this stuff last Friday and used pretty much all of it that day and night. Come Saturday by the end of the day I feel this little patch of rough skin and bumps on my jawline. Hmm, that's strange. I go to bed and wake up Sunday to a full blown allergic reaction to something all over my face and neck....red patchy bumps all over the place that itch. No kidding, my entire face was covered. Not even my eyelids could escape it. Sweet. Now, let's figure out what the heck just happened because this is not cool. Which of the new things that I just bought could be causing this? I have no idea because I've never had a reaction to anything ever before. And I just used like 6 new things all in one day so it's not that easy to pick which one is being the jerk. Is it the fabric softener and the clothes it was on touch my face as I put them on? Is it the shampoo or conditioner since my hair touches my face and then sleeping helps it get all over it even more? Is it the make-up? Maybe the face lotion.

Not helping matters was telling my neighbor all about it and then having her say, "I've heard of some women breaking out in a rash and keeping it for the whole pregnancy." Awesome, but things could be much worse I remind myself.

Fast forward a week and it's now Friday. I still have the bumps though they are clearing slowly and I don't look like as much of a monter walking around. I think it was the face lotion, so that's not ever going to be used again. The little demon seed sure likes to remind me that I'm much more touchy with things than normal. Thanks hormones!

No comments: