Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's Positive!!!


It's positive!! Looks like there's going to be a little (or giant) Krugie joining our world in 8 months!

I took my first test January 30th after work and right away the little line showed up. I was all by myself at home and just stood there looking at the strip, staring. Staring. I thought, maybe it could be a false positive, so I ran up the street to Dollar General (that's right, Dollar General) to get more tests. I thought they can't be any less positive than the expensive ones so why not? I got back to the house and took another test...positive again. Ok, I'm just going to take a few more because it's hard to convince yourself that it's really real. So I took another the following morning, and another that night, and another the next day. Ok, so by now it's for real. I told Chris that Friday and he just stared at me and said 'Are you sure?'. Um, yep, believe me I'm sure. I showed him all the tests I took and he got excited!

How I look: Obviously, no physical changes are happening at this point other than knowing there's a little bean growing inside me all of a sudden. That's so hard to comprehend when you can't feel or see anything. And I haven't been to the doctor yet, so it's like it's just this made up thing that Chris and I talk about. Weird.

How I feel: I feel great other than I've noticed how much hungrier I've been. I am starving every couple hours and can't seem to keep enough food in my stomach. I didn't think I'd be able to notice anything this early but apparently I can! If I keep eating the way I am I'm going to be huge! Other than the food, I feel great. I'm not tired and I'm sleeping just fine. I have a feeling this will all change very soon...it's just a matter of time.

We decided that we are going to wait to tell the family, so by time you all read this I'll probably be just about done with my first trimester. Sorry for not telling sooner, but I just want to make sure the little bean sticks and I don't have a miscarriage. Also, I'm just not going to be ready for the phone calls!!

We are so excited for the next 8 months of planning, turning our office into a nursery, and shopping for all kinds of baby things. We already decided that we need to get in as many trips as possible before he comes since we won't be able to do that by ourselves anymore!

No comments: