Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

6 weeks

I’m sick:(

So, yes, I’ve been warned about morning sickness. I’ve read all about it and have heard absolute HORROR stories. I thought, maybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones. I dont recall the sister-in-laws Kate, Kelly, or Amy complaining about getting sick so maybe it doesn’t hit everyone. And who knows if Mom was ever sick. I’ve never had the need to have to ask her and since we haven’t told anyone the news yet, I can’t exactly call up now to ask. But still, maybe I’ll be fine. Um, wrong!

Week 5 started this last Wednesday and I’ve been warned by my neighbor who is pregnant about 5 weeks ahead of me that it hits hard come 5 weeks. Well, darn it if she wasn’t right. This past Thursday and Friday I started to feel funny…funny in a nothing sounds good to eat with an overactive gag reflex way. The weekend came and I was out of commission on the couch. I’ve felt nauseous before, but not like this. Every minute of the day feels like you’re going to get sick. Absolutely nothing sounds good to eat, but I know I need to eat to help curb the nausea.

It’s Wednesday, just finished my 6th week and it’s been bad. I’ve been home from work since Monday feeling absolutely horrible. It’s so hard to eat when I don’t know what I want. When I think of food I want to vomit, but I know I need to come up with something to eat. I’ll decide on something, eat it quickly, and then a half hour later think that what I just ate is the most disgusting thing on earth. I seem to not be able to repeat foods since they aren’t good after I have them the first time. Meat, fruit, veggies, milk…don’t even think about it. It seems carbs have been my only friend this week. I’ve been trying to eat as soon as I open my eyes in the morning before sitting up. I can’t say that it helps throughout the day, but I definitely think it helps get over the first wave of nausea and vomiting first thing in the morning.

Dad called today and wants to do dinner with us tomorrow. That is the last thing I wanted to hear but we’ll make it work somehow! Maybe I can offer him some saltines and chicken noodle soup??

No comments: