Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, June 6, 2008

22 weeks

I had my monthly dr. appointment today. Every time I go I always think they are going to do more than just measure my stomach and listen to the heartbeat and always seem to be a little diappointed when they don't...like I'm expecting something really cool to happen and then..nothing. I'm just greedy I think.

So first thing today at the visit the doctor talks about the 'big' baby on the ultrasound from a couple weeks ago. She's not necessarily concerned...yet. She did say Krugie was definitely measuring big for it's due date and wants me to have another ultrasound in three weeks to see how it measures then. If it's still measuring much more ahead of where it typically should be then they are going to start to monitor me more closely and probably send me for more ultrasounds as we progress along. She said it's possible that it may have just measured big that early on but that it could kind of level off as we go. Or he/she could just keep it up and be pretty hefty. I guess having an ultrasound a little further along will be more accurate than that first one so that will help them guess what's going to happen down the road. I'm ok with seeing new pictures of him/her so send me for more tests!

I asked her how the whole having the baby thing would work if it's getting too big. She said that if we get to the point where he/she is measuring 10lbs (holy crap) and I'm not showing any signs of my cervix thinning then they would probably do a planned c-section to get the bean out. If we get to where it's measuring 10lbs and I am starting to show signs of labor then they would possibly induce me to get it going a little faster. So those are the worst case scenarios at this point. I think it's kind of funny because none of this stuff happened when our parents were having us. They just had the baby when they had it and there weren't all of the 'what if's'....crazy doctors! I hope that if it does get to be that big that I'll start to go into labor and avoid the whole c-section thing...that's the last thing I want if I have a choice.

So other than that little 'issue' everything else seems to be fine. I've gained a total of 11 lbs so we're on track there. The heartbeat sounds really good..when she could find it. Darn thing moves around so much that she kept losing the sound. So then she proceeded to say 'wow, you're really active in there'. Yet again, I know. Now the fun thing to do is to display its athletic abilities the most right when I'm laying down to sleep at night...like it's recess time and the kids just run around crazy all over the place because they're free.

Speaking of moving around so much again, we can now finally see my stomach move when it kicks which is pretty neat. It's kind of cool laying there then all of a sudden see your belly pop up real quick on one side.

No other issues to report on my end. I'm still feeling really good and definitely popping out much more now. Even within the last week and a half I've grown alot, by my standards...though I would have thought with the giant in there that I'd be bigger. I guess I have lots of free room in there! We're already in the very high 90's here so I'm not looking forward to summer, especially August and September, with the Brun sweat genes I have. I think I'll just keep an ice pack attached to me at all times:)

2 comments:

Jack and Molly's Mom said...

but the cool thing is that you get to have lots of ultrasounds!!! It'll be crazy to see how much SHE has changed in the next few weeks.

Kelly in NC said...

Weren't you and Chris both in the 10 lbs. range at birth? I think that your just going to have a hefty one! Can't wait to see more ultasounds- and good luck with the heat!